Wednesday 14 July 2010

John Barrowman admits co-star offered to have his surrogate baby


After revealing that women have offered him and his partner Scott Gill their wombs for surrogacy, it looks like he’s got another willing mum for the list – his Desperate Housewives co-star Drea de Matteo.

The 42-year-old actor, who has previously admitted that he’s keen to be a dad, got his offer after they bonded on set. “Drea said we’re like brother and sister, separated at birth, and that she’d have my kids,” he told Heat magazine. “You want a kid? Come with me, I’ll have a baby for you,” John recalled Drea as saying.

Whether broody John will take up her offer is unknown, but it’s clear that he wants to be a dad soon. “I think I would be a good dad. Scott and I have an incredible amount to offer a child.”

When John isn’t thinking about being a dad, he’s concentrating on bagging other roles on hit TV shows, such as Glee. The actor has met with the producers of the US show and is crossing his fingers that he’ll get the role of the main character’s gay dad.

“I have no idea if I’ll be in it. I’d be good as one of Rachel’s gay dads,” he told OMG Music. Rachel, played by Lea Michelle, has two homosexual dads who brought her up after her mum gave her up for adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment